Discover our WarpScript VSCode plugin and its features. This is the best way to author WarpScript.
How it works
First, install the plugin in VSCode (More info), then launch VS Code Quick Open (Ctrl+P), copy paste this command :
ext install senx.warpscript-language
- Syntax highlighting
- Code completion
- Remote execution (command Ctrl+Shift+P > “Run WarpScript” or Ctrl+Alt+E) or “Exec WS” button
- Remote execution for code selected (command Ctrl+Shift+P > “Run WarpScript on selection” or Ctrl+Alt+A)
- Hover definition and help
- Workspace macros (@workspace/relative/path/to/macro/file the linked file containing a macro)
- Clickable links to navigate between workspace macros
- Embedded Warpview Dataviz
- Embedded base 64 image viewer (visible only if returned JSON contains at least one base64 image)
- WarpScript execution history in output window using the format (files are clickable):
- [EXEC_START_DATE] file:///os_temp_dir/executed_warpscript.mc2 => file:///os_temp_dir/result.json exec_time fetched_data op_count main_filename.mc2 endpoint
- [EXEC_START_DATE] ERROR /path/to/script/in/error.mc2:error_line reason_of_failure
- WarpScript and resulting JSON are sent gzipped between the client and the server
|Learn more about Time Series: the future of data|
- To slow down autocompletion, you can use VSCode built in configuration editor.quickSuggestionsDelay
- // @endpoint http://xxx/api/v0/exec at the beginning of the script change the remote execution endpoint
- // @localmacrosubstitution false at the beginning of the script deactivate the local macro substitution
- And // @preview none at the beginning of the script disable the preview. GTS or image force the focus to the GTS or image preview after execution.
- In your settings.json you can add “proxy.pac“: “/path/to/your/proxy.pac” for this extension to use proxy.pac rules to connect directly or through SOCKS proxies depending on the selected endpoint.
- You can set the VSCode default language to warpscript (Ctrl+, search for default language settings). Every new file (Ctrl+N) will be considered as a WarpScript.
- Alt + Mouse wheel : Zoom
- Click + Drag : Select to zoom
- Shift + Click : Pan
- Double Click : Restore zoom
Now, it is easier to code with WarpScript.
WarpScript has support for Apache Arrow Format. Discover what this format is with examples using WarpScript with R, Python and Spark.
Creation of multivalue GTS from within WarpScript needs a good understanding of how multivalue works in Warp 10.
Senior Software Engineer